Always something new

This is about my journey through life with my wonderful son Skyler. We have had our bumps in the road but we stay strong.

Saturday, July 5, 2008

Happy Fourth of July

Today was a pretty normal day for me. I worked and did the welcome home a hero at work. Welcome home a hero is where the USO and community memebers welcome home troops that are coming home on R and R. Its great to watch and be a part of. I have pictures from the one on Fathers Day that I will post soon I forgot my camera for this one but its a big deal @ DFW airport.
Today while I was working my cell phone rang and it was a dear online friend one who I want to meet so badly but @ first I lived in Cali and she was in OK. Now she is in OK and I am only about four hours away but we still havent had a chance to meet. But today would have been the day had she not wanted to suprise me, had she told me she had a layover here.. but nooooooooooooooooo I get a phone call this am saying where are you.. Im at work why ( it took me a few) oh where at are you at work.. im at international arrivals in D. Me- wait , why are you here.. why didnt you tell me I could have had the day off.. I tried to get to go see her but my boss was busy otherwise I would have loved to go see her and B and Ryan. Hopefully sometime soon we can get together.. ( although I would prefer for it to be when Skyler is around). So Antoinette have a good trip in North Carolina and I realy wish I could have met you today. Sometime soon.. we will get together..

neither one of them are good pics because im still learning how to use both my cameras on this feature but these are a couple of the fireworks we saw they were beautiful. I loved getting to watch them this year just wish Skyler was with us.

Tonight for the 4th it was just me, my mom, my sister and her boyfriend. We werent real sure what we all wanted to do.. So after I took a nice nap, and my mom went and got strawberries and angel food cake  we decided to head to Fuddruckers ( http://www.fuddruckers.com/) for dinner. I love that place the burgers are great. I try it a little different each time I go. We then decided to head to Las Colinas and watch fireworks in Williams Square. It was nice I got a few decent pictures I didnt realize how difficult  it was to get the pictures of the fireworks. I didnt talk to Skyler today ( as he is in California still) but according to my brother they were going to blow things up. Hopefully someone got a couple pics of Skyler that I will get when they come home. Still dont know when that is. Boy is our house lonely with out him. But its allowing me to start on some projects and actually finish them..( this week im finishing his bedroom). Next week  I will start on some crafty type projects like Christmas ornaments and the soaps and salts and scrubs.. I got some new scents the other day and cant wait to try them out. Well it is time for me to hit my pillow and get some shut eye tomorrow is a big day for me my cousin Patrick is going back to Afganistan for the next year. If everyone can keep him in your prayers we would apperciate it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home