Always something new

This is about my journey through life with my wonderful son Skyler. We have had our bumps in the road but we stay strong.

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Family

I have always been very close to my dads side of the family. Many of my cousins are old enough to be my Aunts or Uncles. Its never bothered me at all. We love each other the same. Since July things seem to have been very tense within our family. Why might someone looking from the outside in ask.. Well lets see here Grandpa passed away in July and two of his sons have gotten extremly greedy. And I do mean extremly. I was appalled at the way they were acting and behaving. I know Grandpa would be rolling over in his grave if he saw the way they have been. The day of the funeral they started talking about what to sell, what to keep all of this with Grandma just sitting there. They wanted to sell off EVERYTHING.  They backed down on that one and they "sold" a few things to each other. My dad got the boat.. and that seems very fitting- dad and I always borrowed the boat to go out on the river or the lake to go boating. Uncle B got the truck its what he wanted again that seems fitting since Uncle B lives in Mt Shasta and gets lots of snow. The one that suprises me since Grandpa always said Matt or I would get was the Jeep it stayed in the family so thats all good but it went to Cousin Little B.  I know he will take good care of it just sad to see it go to someone who 1. already has it 2 knowing that Grandpa always said it would go to Matt or I.. oh well.. such is life.
 Now that they have moved Grandma into a nursing home, they want to clear out the house and rent it to someone. I guess Grandma threw a fit over it. Gee I cant blame her.. That is her home and she doesnt want to let go. I am seriously hoping they dont do it. I think if they do the uncles who are "in control" of things will have one VERY pissed off Granddaughter on their doorstep. Yes I might be 1800 miles away but IT is Grandmas wishes they need to consider and follow through with not with their own Greed. I hope when they are old and alone their own children DO NOT treat them the way they are treating their mom.
Yes, the answer is I am being selffish about the house. It is truely the only home I have ever known that remained the same all these years. No matter where life took me it was someplace I could come home to. When I go home to visit it will not be teh same I cant just go pop in and see Grandma, stay the night in my bedroom or go hang out in the backyard and remember all the fun I had in it growing up. I want the house to stay in the family. I dont want to see other people in it. I want to know when I go home to california I can still go HOME to a house where I was always welcomed and loved in.A house where I grew up in. I never had that we moved a lot. I know a couple of my cousins and one uncle feels the same its HOME. and its just not the same now. Please keep the house accessible to those of us who feel it is our only HOME. I need a place to go and just veg out in a place to cry and grieve still over grandpa I need the feeling of security that the house makes me feel. Its a place that I am truely myself.. Please oh please keep it that way for a while longer.
Grandpa make the boys see what they are doing  its tearing the family apart. There is no unity now its all about greed etc. and thats NOT how you raised this family. I pray hard for grandma I know her heart is breaking seeing what the boys are doing to her. My dad keeps trying to do right by him but the "other 2" wont let it be they are GREEDY.. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home